Friends Executive Board Minutes, Jan 12, 2010
Friends of the Del Webb Library at Indian Land
Minutes of the Executive Board Meeting
Date: January 12, 2010 @ 6:30pm
Attendance: D. Wallace, J. Tenney, N. Berry, R. Band, E. Kirby, H. Rabic, B. Zagor, J, Garntz, A. Jamison, C. McConaughay, D. Bottinelli
1. The meeting was opened by the president, Debbie Wallace
2. Roll Call was completed.
3. Secretary’s report: The minutes of the December 8, 2009 were approved as presented.
4. Treasure’s report:
Income: Friends Shop…$296.55
New Membership…$60.00 Renewal…$525.00
Friends shop book sale [12/12-12/14]: $300.00
The checking account has been change to an interest bearing account. This requires a minimum balance of $1000.00 to avoid monthly fees.
5. Public comment: There was no public comment.
6. The Library Staff report: In December, an additional 18 books were purchased with funds from the Friends Shop. As of January 12, the library has 6,320 patrons and a circulation of 93,207 books, etc. and 9,146 computers. Achieving a goal of a circulation of 100,000 in the first year of the library. R. Band presented the gift for participants of the summer reading program and asked for the Friends’ support. The cost would be $1642.00. Additionally, The Sun City Life Long Learning Club and the Rotary Club have donated $1000.00.
7. President’s report: D. Wallace asked that all committee reports are kept brief and concise to enable the board to direct their attention to the upcoming Birthday Bash.
8. Standing Committees’ report:
a. Friends Shop: The Friends Shop has logged 400 volunteer hours since April 2009. The December Book Sale was a huge success. There was a waiting line on arrival. Proceeds: $300.00.
b. Membership: New membership forms will be ready for the Birthday Bash. Membership forms will be included in the Sun City Welcome packets.
9. Special Committees’ report:
a. Used book Sale: Emails have been sent to ask for assistance for the Book Sale on January 16th and additional help is needed. A contact has been secured for the purchase of all unsold books at the end of the sale.
10. Old Business:
a. The Discovery Place membership packet is ready to be presented to the Library. This will be completed at the Birthday Bash.
b. Details for the Birthday Bash were discussed and confirmed.
c. Author Talk: Harris Tweeter will donate refreshments. The Gateway was contacted to run details of the event and to provide coverage. Posters have been posted in the Library. Flyers have been emailed to all Friends.
11. New Business:
a. A motion to sponsor the gifts for the summer reading program was made and seconded.
b. A discussion regarding the distribution of the proceeds of the special Friends Shop sales was initiated and tabled for the next meeting.
12. Adjournment: A motion was made to adjourn the meeting and seconded.